•Adoption Stories
•Adoption Agencies
•Adoption Stories
•Share Your Story

•Hong Kong
•Single Parent Adoption

International Adoption Information

•More Adoption
•Adoption Links
•Adoption Books!
•Press Room
•Submit Press Release

•Adoption Disclaimer

Custom Search

Adoption Forms -- The Paper Chase

Form 171—Notice of Approval of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition (sent to
petitioning parent when I-600 orphan petition is approved).

Form 171H—Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Applications
for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition.

Form I-600—Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative.

Form I-600A—Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition.

Form 604—Request for and Report on Overseas Orphan Investigation
(internal form used by INS and consular officers).

Form I-797—Notice of Action. In some INS offices, this form is used
instead of the I-171 and I-171-H.

Form FD-258—Applicant Fingerprint Card. Used to obtain fingerprints of
the adoptive or prospective adoptive parent(s) and each adult member of
the adoptive or prospective adoptive parent(s)’ household.

Form I-130—Petition for Alien Relative.

Form I-485—Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Form I-765—Application for Employment Authorization.

Form I-864—Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act.

Form N-400—Application for Naturalization.

Form N-600—Application for Certificate of Citizenship.

Form N-600A—Supplement to the N-600 or N-643. This form is used by
the citizen parent to document the physical presence of his or her citizen
parent—the child’s grandparent—in the United States.

Form N-643—Application for Certificate of Citizenship on Behalf of an
Adopted Child.

INS forms may be obtained by calling the INS Forms Line at

China Adoption Stories Russian Adoption Stories

Adoption Information