•Adoption Stories
•Adoption Agencies
•Adoption Stories
•Share Your Story

•Hong Kong
•Single Parent Adoption

International Adoption Information

•More Adoption
•Adoption Links
•Adoption Books!
•Press Room
•Submit Press Release

•Adoption Disclaimer

Custom Search

Ukraine Adoption Stories


August 10,2004 - Low 80s off and on rain
We did not sleep much last night. We had this little girls face imprinted in our minds. We prayed about things and had our usually bowl of Cheerios. We felt that God had laid it on our hearts to adopt this little girl. We know she is very, very small and delayed but besides an upper respiratory infection she is healthy they say. We just can not imagine leaving her behind. She is so precious. After we told Sveta we were able to visit a little before she started the paperwork process. Once we finished signing what we needed we came back to the room to prepare to go see her again. We were taking food to hopefully be able to feed her. After walking about 40 minutes to the orphanage we had finally arrived.

The daycare workers as Sveta calls them, brought her to us. They let us go outside. We were allow to feed her some, but not allowed to give her any medicine. We started with the banana rice and berry baby food. I think we were able to manage to get the berry baby food down. She did not like the rice, but tolerated it with the baby food. We played a little and we worry because she did not eat very much. Shortly before we had to go we mashed up a banana to give her. SHE LOVED IT! We only had time to give her a quarter of the banana but it made us happy that she actually ate some of this. Today she made noises, sucked her thumb, did lots of exercises, enjoyed bubbles, and held on to a ballon. We hated to leave her and wish that we had access to a store to buy her some pampers. We journeyed back an easier way, only about 30 minutes this time. A German couple that is also adopting told us about the short cut. They are very nice and speak good English. After we made it back, Eric had bologna and cheese, Debbie had bread and cheese, with pringles, yogurt and milka bar. We were curious because we had not heard from Sveta and Victor all day. As we settled in for bed about 10:30 p.m. Sveta knocked on the door to give us an update. She said there was a problem with the birth mothers paperwork and that she would have to find her to correct this. They had found two sisters and had told her where she lived. They were planning on leaving at 5:00 a.m. to find the mother to persuade to go to the notary office to sign the correct papers. We were emotionally devestated because if this did not work we would not be able to adopt her. We could not imagine having to leave her behind. We prayed that God's will regardless of the outcome would be done and to have the strength to care and love for her even though we may have to leave her. Needless to say, we cried ourselves to sleep.

August 11, 2004 - High seventies and cloudy


We woke up at 5:00 a.m. to pray for Sveta, Victor and the birth mother. We prayed that God's will would be done. We slept a little longer, woke up and had Cheerios. We prepared to go see Vladaslava and prayed for strength. We made it to the orphanage about 9:30 a.m. and we played, fed her more banana, water, and they gave us apple juice to give her. We think that the apple juice had medicine in it and she definitely did not like that. We hated to leave but we had to leave at 11:00 a.m. We hated it especially because the daycare workers were not very nice today and we could tell that they did not care for the children as well as yesterday.

We ventured back to our room and had peanut butter crackers and yogurt for lunch. We wrote in our journals, relaxed, and waited to go see her at 3:00 p.m. We went back to see her to play, feed her, give her there rice ceral, milk in a bottle, and some yogurt we had brought. Later we were finally able to give her a little water and she ate two animal crackers. The workers today were very picky about what we could give her. We talked more to the German couple and discovered that when they visited the US they had visited New Albany and Louisville. It is a small world and we exchaged email addresses with them to keep in touch since tomorrow they have their court date. We pray for them that everything goes well so they can take their boy home tomorrow. We are still anxiously awaiting word from Sveta. We came back and had more bologna, cheese, chips, and ice cream. The German couple told us about a cafe we may try tomorrow. They have an interpreter with them and had no problems ordering. So we will see what we end up with. About 8:00 p.m. we talked to Sveta. She said that everything would be OK. She described the day as a thriller. They searched more for the birth mother and she managed to leave the city and they could not find her. It was almost as if she had left to avoid this situation. After legal advice from a lawyer they went to the police department to have her declared missing. So in this case the two sisters could sign the necessary papers. She bribed the police officers to go to the apartment to sign the necessary papers. Tomorrow she will return to the police department to pick up the necessary paperwork. We were so relieved to hear this news. All day we were thinking that we would have to leave her behind. It would have brocken our hearts. She brought a list of her food and sleep schedule. We determined an amount of the regional process of the adoption. If everything goes well we believe we will have our court date on Tuesday and this will make the process about three weeks.

Pages 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

China Adoption Stories Russian Adoption Stories

Adoption Information